Eliminating harmful chemicals from gel nail polish and other nail care related products has become a hot topic of discussion among industry enthusiasts. However, very often some important questions still remain unanswered. Such as, why cruelty-free matters, why are some ingredients harmful, and most importantly, how to choose a gel polish that will ensure safe manicure during pregnancy as well. In this article, we have highlighted four hidden dangers of nail products and how noorb beauty helps eliminate them.
Certainly you have heard about 5-free, 7-free, even 15-free nail products. From the first sight, it is very appealing to buy a product that claims to be 15-free. However, what are those 15 ingredients and why are they harmful very often remains an unanswered question. Instead, we want to share with you 5 ingredients that definitely should be avoilded in any nail-related product, and their respective explanations.
- Formaldehyde: This chemical is often used as a nail hardener. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, formaldehyde is recognized as carcinogen and potent allergen.
- Formaldehyde resin: This ingredient is used to make the coating hard and resilient. However, it can also make the nails brittle and cause them to break very easily.
- Toluene: This chemical is proven to cause dizziness, headache, nausea and eye irritation. Furthermore, this ingredient has proven to cause birth defects if the mother was exposed to the chemical during pregnancy. Due to having a toluene-free formula, noorb beauty gel polishes are harmless to be used by pregnant women as well.
- Dibuthyl Phthalate: This chemical is mostly used as a solvent. However, dibuthyl phthalate may cause nausea, vomiting, headache. Long-term exposure to the ingredient may even cause liver and kidney damage.
- Camphor: This ingredient is the one that is more harmful for nail technicians than the customers, as they are exposed to it for a longer period of time. In most nail products synthetic camphor is used, which causes nausea, headache and disorientation.
We are proud to state that noorb beauty products are 5-FREE and do not contain any of the ingredients mentioned above.
Continuing the topic of eliminating harmful chemicals from gel polishes, odor is another indicator of unsafe formula. This is especially harmful for nail techmicians as they are exposed to the products for long periods of time. Odor can be caused by many harmful chemicals inside the gel polish, such as solvents or other additives. For the production of noorb beauty gel polishes we primarily use natural pigments derived from the stones of the Armenian Highland. Due to this innovative approach, we managed to ensure that noorb beauty gel polishes do not have any odor at all.
As already mentioned above, many of the harmful chemicals in gel polish formula cause allergic reactions. Sometimes, it is very challenging to understand which ingredient caused the allergy exactly. That is why this is a hidden danger for many people, which, in turn, makes them avoid using gel polish at all. However, the key is to opt for brands that constantly innovate their formulations, stay compliant with US FDA and European CPNP regulations, and inform their customers on time about formula changes. On the other hand, no matter how harmless and hypoallergenic the formula may be, allergic reactions also depend on the skin type. That is why it is important to avoid applying gel polish on the skin at all times.
Last but not least, wrong removal of gel manicure can be the reason behind damaged nails, not the formula itself. It is important NOT to peel or force the gel polish off or buff the nails excessively. For harmless removal it is recommended to visit a nail technician. However, if you opt to remove your gel manicure at home, then consider using harmless gel polish remover that does not contain acetone. noorb beauty gel polishes easily get removed from nails either with a nail drill or with using a remover and cotton pads.
Another important thing to look out for in all types of cosmetics is the cruelty-free claim of the company. Especially chemical-heavy products, such as nail and gel polishes, can cause serious harm if tested on animals. noorb beauty is proud to state that none of the experiments are performed on animals. We use solely laboratory equipments to test our products.